Time has certainly been flying these last few months. My boys are now 5 and 2, and our I800-A is winging its way to Texas for approval.
This month will be a busy one for our family. Adam begins kindergarten, Jacob moves up to a 5-day a week preschool program, and I become a part time dossier hunter and gatherer. Todd retains his position as lead bread winner and the calm voice of reason. Although asking why we have to have new reference letters which are notarized is only going to fuel the CrAzY. No questions, please. Just DO it.
I am still struggling with the "hurry up and wait" aspect of adoption. I stress and rush and obsess over details to submit forms, documents, and my left arm and a kidney and then... Crickets... For a month ... until we can hurriedly jump the next hurdle before waiting...again.
And I am struggling to be patient when it comes to being matched. Todd is comfortable waiting until our dossier is in China and our agency can match us to a child in the special LID pool of children. No, that would be too easy for me. I can't shake the feeling that I NEED to find our girl. I need to click through the profiles of dozens of cute little toddlers, harass other adoption agencies as to whether or not a child's file is transferable, and wonder why there are no new faces on my own agency's waiting child pages.
I know she is out there...waiting. She's being passed over by other families. We are her family... But how and when will we find her?
No comments:
Post a Comment