Monday, September 8, 2014

Love and Faith

"Let not steadfast love and faithfulness forsake you; bind them around your neck; write them on the tablet of your heart." Proverbs 3:3

On August 28, 2014, I saw her beautiful face for the first time.
On September 8, 2014, we received the good news that we are matched for adoption.

We are MATCHED!!!!!!!! 

I have seen so many sweet faces of waiting children and I have thought, "oh, I wish they were with our agency," or "I wish that child's file was transferable."

But then I saw a face that I could not walk away from. I saw a face that spoke directly to my heart and I knew that I would do whatever it took to bring her home.

So we are switching agencies for our daughter.

And, not only is she beyond beautiful, but she has been LOVED! Real love. She has a strong bond with her nanny, and a stranger (all the way in America) sent her a birthday cake for her second birthday and a beautiful dress. 

It's hard not to cry as I type these words... every day since we began this journey, Todd and I have prayed with our boys that their sister is being well taken care of and knows that someone loves her. SO many love her!! 

Dear God, please watch over our daughter. Keep her safe, healthy, and allow her to attach us without fear. We have faith that you will help us on this difficult journey. We are not alone. And she will never be alone again. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment