I considered not publishing this blog post. According to the Murphey's Law of Children, whenever you say something nice about your child(ren), they tend to make you regret it immediately afterwards. So after a morning of tantrums, whining, and fighting, I've decided to say it anyway. I'm a glutton for punishment.
Maybe I am "just" a mom. I live a typical American life. I complain that my kids don't eat enough vegetables and make too many messes. We take a yearly vacation at the beach, run through sprinklers, and can be found at the local soccer field in the fall and the tee ball field in the spring. We read Dr Seuss, squish play-doh, and watch Frozen WAY too often.
My kids, on the other hand, make me feel extraordinary...extraordinarily incompetent.
Ava gets a kick out of pretending to kick me in the face.
Adam tells me that I never let him do anything fun... minutes after we come home from playing at the park and swimming.
And Jacob, well, he whines, fights, and marches to a different beat.
So I may be extraordinarily inept at this parenting thing, and I am sure many people would accuse me of being boring. But one thing is for sure, I am never bored with my ordinary life.
And my kids, I hope they realize their potential and learn to enjoy helping others. And if they must be spoiled, may it be with love and not possessions. I want the world to see their hearts and know that my kids are anything but ordinary.



You are doing an Amazon job, Melissa! I am proud to call you my friend!
ReplyDelete